Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Fountain Inn, SC
Duration: 6 Months
- Lead, develop, manage and execute all quality systems required within assigned area of responsibility.
- Support customers, suppliers, and Operations staff.
- Execute PPAP submissions, as required.
- Support of the corrective action process. This includes preparation and submission of customer required documentation and construction of 8D problem solving responses.
- Facilitate and assure maintenance of Process Control Plans for assigned programs.
- Ensure compliance to Process Control Plan requirements.
- Ensure that Customer, internal and supplier quality corrective actions (8D’s) meet timing, quality and format requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
- Support Launch and sample part builds to ensure compliance to dimensional and functional requirements.
- Ensure the appropriate inspection plans and containment plans are in place for the process.
- A BS or MS in Quality, Engineering or Science related field.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Experience in Advanced Quality Planning including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers, particularly automotive related.
- Experience with ISO/QS/TS Quality Systems is required. Internal Auditor certification is highly desirable.
- Proficient in use of a computer and common office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of quality statistical concepts and robust problem solving methodology. Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s.
- Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.