- Maintain frequent and regular contact with international students – with special attention to first-year international students – through programming, meetings, informal interactions outside of the office, and other means as necessary
- Provide international student orientations each semester or ELL term as needed, including programming focused on adaptation to US higher education and culture
- Collaborate and coordinate efforts with the International Admissions staff regarding recruitment of international degree-seeking and ELL students. This may include phone calls to agents to identify future prospects; follow-up communication with admitted students to secure enrollments; and help in the transition from deposited student to enrolling student.
- Maintain regular communication with exchange partners concerning inbound students including student application materials, visa documents, course preferences and other materials
- Assist with the issuance and maintenance of student SEVIS records, including registration, CPT/OPT, information updates, and travel documents
- Coordinate pre-arrival communication with committed incoming degree-seeking, exchange and ELL international students
- Work with faculty advisors of international students and other SU offices on needs specific to international students
- Coordinate and support a peer student mentor program for new international students
- Stay informed of updates and changes in the SEVIS system
Bachelor’s degree required.
Position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to move about the campus. Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction. Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle, and reach. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending. Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Working conditions are indoor. Position may require travel.
International experience living, studying or working abroad and/or experience working in an international office preferred. Must be US Citizen or permanent resident to be able to work in SEVIS.