Job Title: Education Manager
Location: South El Monte, CA
Duration: 8 Months
- B.A. in Child Development, Education or related field.
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
- Four years professional teaching experience.
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
- Training in High/Scope Curriculum.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese.
- Word processing and computer literacy skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Make administrative decisions for the Division in the absence of the Division Director.*
- Supervise and evaluate Child Development Supervisors, Disabilities Coordinators and Health Coordinator.*
- Develop plans and strategies to maximize cooperation between the Division and the rest of the Agency.*
- Process division paperwork in the absence of the Division Director.*
- Provide guidance and leadership in the training, career development and evaluation of division staff.*
- Reflect program needs to the Division Director.*
- Participate in and lead Division management meetings.*
- Represent the Division and the Agency in the community.
- Maintain current knowledge of licensing regulations and respond to site visits from Community Care Licensing as needed.*
- Maintain current knowledge in Child Development theory and practice including program curriculum with an emphasis on High/Scope.*
- Maintain current knowledge of all Head Start Performance Standards and funding regulations.*
- Assess training needs of Child Development Supervisors, Disabilities Coordinators and Health Coordinator, plan and present workshops, model appropriate supervision styles, and other training experiences for Coordinators.*
- Identify opportunities to improve program services.*
- Substitute as needed.